View all KBART's public documents (including presentations, updates, etc.) at: http://groups.niso.org/apps/group_public/documents.php?wg_abbrev=kbart
- Entry-level explanation of OpenURL: purpose, methodology, value
- Introduction to knowledge base supply chain parties: roles, needs, responsibilities, value
- View the KBART Open Hour webinar that the Standing Committee outreach members hosted on October 8, 2019 - as a follow-on to the March 2019 KBART 101 webinar
- KBART Registry
Registry of knowledge base supply chain contacts.
.... Submit a request to join the KBART Registry
- KBART Endorsement
Endorse the guidelines -- or learn who has.
- Join the Interest Group List
Receive updates from and provide feedback to the KBART Standing Committee.
- KBART Phase II Recommended Practice Report (NISO RP-9-2014, KBART: Knowledge Bases and Related Tools)
Approved March 2014
- Original Phase I Work Item Proposal
Submitted to the NISO membership for approval December 2007.
- Link Resolvers and the Serials Supply Chain
UKSG final report, 21 May 2007
- Report on progress during the UKSG research project's term (completed May 2007)
- Tender document for the original UKSG research project
- KBART Open Hour, NISO Webinar, October 2019. Dominic Benson, Mark Calkins, Robert Heaton, Benjamin Johnson, Noah Levin, Sheri Meares, Andrée Rathemacher.
- KBART 101, NISO webinar, March 2019, Dominic Benson, Robert Heaton, Benjamin Johnson, Noah Levin, and Andrée Rathemacher.
- Deep Dive into KBART, Charleston Conference, November 2015, Marlene van Ballegooie, Benjamin Johnson, Noah Levin, Julie Zhu, Sheri Meares, Gary Pollack and Kristin Wilson.
- KBART Phase II: The Next Step Towards Better Metadata, The Charleston Conference, November 2012, Charleston, SC. Ben Johnson and Nettie Lagace.
- The Role of Knowledge Bases in Improving Discoverability Now and in the Future – Why National and International Collaboration is Key
November 9, 2011
Presentation by Sarah Pearson at the CONsortium on Core Electronic Resources in Taiwan (ConCERT) 2011 Conference, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Link Resolvers, Knowledgebases and the KBART Working Group, ER&L, March 2011, Austin TX. Chad Hutchens & Julie Zhu.
- Link Resolvers, Knowledge Bases and the KBART Working Group, Charleston Conference, November 2010, Sherrard Ewing and Chad Hutchens
- KBART Knowledge Bases and Related Tools: A NISO/UKSG Recommended Practice, ALA Midwinter 2010, Boston MA, Jason Price
- NISO Open Teleconference: KBART
September 14, 2009
MP3 Recording: http://groups.niso.org/apps/group_public/event.php?event_id=1367
For the September 2009 NISO Open Teleconference call, Peter McCracken, co-chair of the NISO/UKSG KBART [Phase 1] Working Group provided an update and review of the group's progress.
- KBART and the OpenURL:
Increasing E-Resource Use through Improved User Access
NISO Webinar (April 8, 2009)
- KBART Phase III: Unresolved Questions. Information Services & Use, 2022, Andrée Rathemacher, Noah Levin, Stephanie Doellinger, Robert Heaton, Jason Friedman, Sheri Meares, Benjamin Johnson, Elif Eryilmaz-Sigwarth, & Nettie Lagace.
- Knowledge Bases: The Heart of Resource Management, Serials Librarian, 2021, Elizabeth Levkoff Derouchie, Beth Ashmore, & Eric Van Gorden.
- The NISO KBART Automation Working Group: Modernizing Knowledgebase Communications, Serials Review, 2018, Nettie Lagace.
- Deep Dive into KBART, Serials Review, 2017, Marlene van Balleggoie, Sheri Meares, & Kristen Wilson.
- Optimizing KBART Guidelines to Restore Perpetual Access, Collection Building, 2015, Kelly Marie Blanchat.
- The KBART’s Potential Beyond OpenURL Linking, Serials Librarian, 2014, Oliver Pesch.
- Open Access Metadata: Current Practices and Proposed Solutions, Learned Publishing, 2013, Chad Hutchens.
- Journal Title Transfers: The Process, the Complexities, the Problems, and What the Transfer and KBART Working Groups are Doing to Address Them, Serials Librarian, 2011, Chad Hutchens.
- November 21, 2016 press release, NISO Announces New Publishers Enacting Phase Two of KBART Guidelines, Encourages Other Publishers to Seek Endorsement
- June 13, 2011 press release, "UKSG and NISO Announce Eight More Publishers Endorse KBART: Support and Demand for KBART Increasing Within Knowledge Community"
- March 21, 2011 press release, "NISO and UKSG Announce 30 More Publishers Endorse KBART: KBART Phase II Now Focusing on Consortia, Open Access and E-Books"
- September 16, 2010 press release, "NISO and UKSG Announce Five New KBART Endorsements: Registry of relevant contacts within stakeholder organizations also growing"
- June 1, 2010 press release, "UKSG and NISO Announce First Endorsers of KBART Recommended Practice: New KBART Phase II Working Group and Co-Chairs Also Revealed"
- NISO/UKSG Press Release (January 18, 2010): UKSG and NISO Release First KBART Recommendations for Improved OpenURL Data Supply
- NISO/UKSG Press Release (January 13, 2008): NISO and UKSG Partner to Tackle Inefficiencies in OpenURL Supply Chain