Mark These Dates!
NISO’s online educational events are an excellent opportunity for information organizations to offer continuing professional development opportunities to their staff — without the expense of travel! Our knowledgeable speakers come from a mix of stakeholder communities — libraries, publishers, service providers, and other information organizations, both large and small, commercial and not-for-profit.
2023 Roundtable Discussion Topics (Webinar, Member Benefit)
Our monthly Roundtable discussions take place on Wednesdays, from 11:00am to 12:30pm (Eastern Time, Canada/US). Registration is free for anyone working at a NISO member organization — sign-on credentials are sent to our named contacts, or you may register directly.
Nonmember organizations and individual students are also welcome to register for our webinars. The nonmember price includes an unlimited number of participants from your organization.
The dates and topics for theses popular Roundtable Discussions (Webinars) are shown below. The live broadcasts run from 11.00am through 12.30pm (Eastern, US & Canada) unless otherwise indicated on a specific NISO event page. Remember as well that members receive access to an archived recording of the event so that those with scheduling conflicts can still listen at their convenience.
- January 11: Library As Platform
- February 28: Collaborative Collections: Shifts in Collection Development, Resource Sharing, and Management
- March 8: Implementing Inclusive Metadata
- April 12: The 21st Century Research Cycle
- May 10: Combating the Misuse of Information
- June 14: Controlled Digital Lending
- August 9: Metrics Part 1: Assessing Usage
- August 16: Metrics Part 2: What Additional Metrics Are Needed?
- September 13: Multilingual Content and its Use
- October 11: Building Connectivity Between Diverse and Diffused Resources
- November 8: Strategic Planning
- December 13: Trend Spotting, Trend Setting
NISO Virtual Conferences — discounts for members
Our virtual conferences offer a more in-depth, substantive look at topics and themes of particular importance. In 2023, this will include two virtual two-day events: our second NISO Tech Summit, and the ever-popular Humanities Roundtable; and two four-hour virtual conferences — on Accessibility, and Metadata and Discovery: Quality is Key. Discounted rates are available if you register for all four events, with additional discounts for NISO members.
- March 29: Accessibility (four-hour event)
- May 17: Metadata and Discovery: Quality is Key (four-hour event)
- June 20: NISO Humanities Roundtable (one-day virtual event)
- October 25-26: NISO Tech Summit (two-day virtual event)
Subscribe to all four events for just $610, saving 20% compared with registering for each event individually!
Training Series — discounts for members
Each of these popular eight-week training programs (one hour per week) are developed and managed by an expert consultant/instructor, with guest lecturers as appropriate. Next year’s training programs are: