About the Webinar
What are concrete steps we can take to measure our progress, improve outcomes, and help our researchers assess their impact? If you've ever asked yourself-or been asked-this question, this webinar can help. This event will cover specific performance measures and real-world application of these measures to assess performance and enhance your programs or services. The seminar will review both the current state of performance measures and where improvements are needed as well as specific case studies of ongoing performance assessment programs.
Staff Researcher, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library
Bollen is the principal investigator for the MEtrics from Scholarly Usage of Resources (MESUR) project whose objective is enriching the toolkit used for the assessment of the impact of scholarly communication items, and hence of scholars, with metrics that derive from usage data.
Dianne L. Carty
Head of State Aid & Data Coordination Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
Carty is the chair of NISO's Z39.7 Standing Committee that is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and updating of the standard, Information Services and Use: Metrics & statistics for libraries and information providers - Data Dictionary.
- Registration closes at 12:00 pm EST on November 14, 2008.
- Cancellations made by November 7, 2008 will receive a full refund. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via email the Monday prior the event.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A; will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive access information to the archived webinar following the event.