Let's talk about it!
For almost 50 years, the global research community has relied on the data in the Journal Citation Reports (JCR)™ to identify the world’s leading journals. The JCR is based on data from the Web of Science™, the world's largest publisher-neutral global citation database, and its journal intelligence metrics play a key role for funders, institutions, librarians and researchers. Academic publishers across the globe use the reports to evaluate their journals’ impact in their field and promote them to the research community – so each year’s update is met with great anticipation.
In this episode, we welcome guests from the Institute for Scientific Information™ at Clarivate, as well as publishers Hindawi, Frontiers and SAGE Publishing, to talk about the recent 2021 Journal Citation Reports release and the treasure trove of new features inside. Together we’ll be exploring the fundamental role the JCR plays in supporting academic research and accelerating the pace of innovation by providing transparent, publisher-neutral journal intelligence and helping those in the research community make better informed, more confident decisions.
- Dr Nandita Quaderi, Editor-in-Chief and Editorial VP of the Web of Science
- Dr Martin Szomszor, Director at the Institute for Scientific Information
- Mathias Astell, Chief Journal Development & Marketing Officer at Hindawi
- Frederick Fenter, Chief Executive Officer at Frontiers
- David Ross, Vice President of Open Research at SAGE Publishing