Check it out!!
We are excited to share the provisional program for NISO Plus 2021 — and it looks amazing, if we do say so ourselves! Attendees can look forward to:
- One Miles Conrad Award Lecture – by the one and only Heather Joseph of SPARC
- Two fun social events – a virtual quiz, sponsored by Figshare; and a virtual cocktail (or mocktail!) reception, sponsored by Crossref (more details soon)
- Three brilliant global keynote speakers – Cory Doctorow, Margaret Sraku-Lartey, and Zeynep Tufekci (plus one more to be announced shortly!)
- Four tracks of content to choose from, accessible in all time zones – there’s something for everyone!
- 20 countries represented in our speaker lineup – from Australia to Brazil, Ghana to Ireland, and more!
- 50(ish!) separate sessions on everything from accessibility to misinformation, from FAIR data to knowledge bases, from digital humanities to preprints – not to mention standards and best practices
- 120+ speakers – experts from across the information community, and representing a multitude of roles and functions
There will also be lots of opportunities for virtual networking – we’ll be using the gather.town platform, so watch for more on that shortly.
Kudos and thanks to our wonderful global Planning Committee for all their help – we literally couldn’t have done it without them!
We’ll be continuing to update the program with more information in the coming weeks, but in the meantime, we strongly encourage you to check out the program, register (early bird discounts available through January 8!), and start planning your own schedule for NISO Plus 2021!