Please see the day-specific webinars for more detailed information. Registration to both webinars can be completed here.
The information industry continues to adapt to changes in technology, in user expectations and in the library marketplace. Those adaptations have taken the form of consolidation in specific areas (such as, but not limited to, the consolidation in integrated library systems). Who are the new players? What exactly does a venture capitalist do and why are they entering this chaotic information ecosystem? The first portion of this two-part webinar on March 8 will review exactly what's happening in this rapidly shifting industry.
Product is re-invented in new forms, buoyed up by new business models. Providers who used to be in the business of journal publishing now are developing and licensing complex workflow environments. The second half of this two part webinar, held on March 15, will feature discussions of how product design and development operates now. Some discussion may also be given over to how librarians might best work with content providers to ensure that practical requirements are understood, negotiated and satisfied by these new players and providers.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by 10 a.m. (ET) on the Tuesday before the webinar, at please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact NISO Office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership and DO NOT need to register for the event for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.