About the Webinar
The first half of this two-part webinar program will provide an overview of the current landscape of options available to academic institutions for ensuring and streamlining access to materials by legitimate users. What’s working, which technological approaches may be outdated and what needs to be done (research, technology upgrades, etc.) to resolve the problem?
The second half of this session (scheduled for November 15) will provide an overview of the issues associated with delivering quality metadata by and to various stakeholders. Based on comments made, it’s an old issue. But what are the existing barriers? What improvements might be made? What stands in the way of successful implementation?
Part 1 of this webinar, Challenges of Identity and Authentication Management, will be held on Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
Part 2 of this webinar, Enhancing & Harmonizing Metadata for Discovery & Use, will be held on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
- Registration closes at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Cancellations made by Wednesday, November 8, 2017 will receive a refund, less a $25 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by 10 a.m. (ET) on the Tuesday before the webinar, at please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact NISO Office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership and DO NOT need to register for the event for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.