About the Training
This session is meant to be a guided, step-by-step training opportunity that will follow the April 19 NISO Virtual Conference: Opening Up Education: Textbooks, Resources, Courseware & More.
A Multi-Institutional Study of the Impact of Open Textbook Adoption on the Learning Outcomes of Post- Secondary Students: According to this 2015 journal article, in three key measures of student success (course completion, final grade of C- or higher, course grade) students whose faculty chose OER generally performed as well or better than students whose faculty assigned commercial textbooks.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the training session via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide alternate contact information.
- Presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived training webinar recording 24- 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.