About the Forum
E-books have existed in the library landscape for over a decade, but it is only in the last few years that their use has shifted to finally become the game-changer that all have anticipated for so long. Availability, distribution, licensing, discoverability, current and future access, and usage of e-books all require content providers and libraries to change many of their existing processes and develop new ways to do business. Amidst this confusion is a wealth of opportunities for new collaborations and initiatives.
The NISO Forum, The E-Book Renaissance: Exploring the Possibilities Exposed by Digital Books will probe the key issues surrounding e-books from a variety of industry, library, scholarly, and consumer viewpoints. Participate in the community discussion for advancing e-book development, distribution, and use.
Click here to find out what's on the agenda for Part One of this forum.
Click here to find out what's on the agenda for Part Two of this forum.
- Early bird rates are offered until October 12, 2011.
- Registration closes October 19, 2011. After that date, a processing fee of $50 will be added for late registrations. This also applies to any on-site registration.
- Cancellations made by October 19, 2011 will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Notify the NISO office if you have any dietary restrictions (301-654-2512).
- Students should submit proof of enrollment when registering. Please contact the NISO office (301-654-2512) with questions.