This webinar is part of the NISO/DCMI Joint Webinar Series
About the Webinar
A seminar at the British Library in April 2012 marked the fifth anniversary of a 2007 meeting at which representatives of the Dublin Core, Semantic Web, and RDA communities jointly recommended that the then-draft cataloging standard RDA be provided in the form of vocabularies and application profiles usable for Linked Data.
One year after this anniversary meeting and one year closer to the general deployment of RDA in libraries, this webinar will take stock of progress towards developing application profiles based on RDA and discuss the practicalities of exposing RDA-based data in the Linked Data cloud.
- Registration closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on April 24, 2013. Cancellations made by April 17, 2013 will receive a refund, less a $20 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by Tuesday at 10AM (EST) please contact the NISO office or email Jill O'Neill, Educational Programs Manager at email@example.com for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members will need to register at the member rates. Joint NISO/DCMI webinars are not included in the free webinar package (just NISO-only webinars).
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's organization.