NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslinefirstname.lastname@example.org and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Protocol for Exchanging Serial Content published
- NISO membership elects new Vice Chair and Board Directors
- NISO Leadership Edits New Book on Standards in Information
- In-Person Forum on the Future of Library Resource Discovery
- August Webinar: MOOCs and Libraries: A Brewing Collaboration
- September Two-Part Webinar: The Practicality of Managing "E"
- September Virtual Conference: Scholarly Communication Models: Evolution or Revolution?
New Specs Standards
- ISO/IEC JTC 1 releases W3C Standard, MathML 3.0
- ISO/IEC 24760–2 Information technology –– Security techniques –– A framework for identity management –– Part 2: Reference architecture and requirements published
- PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata, Version 3.0 released
- Library of Congress' BIBFRAME Initiative, Two new Vocabulary Change Proposals
- First Public Working Draft: Web Annotation Protocol Published by W3C
- Open Discovery Initiative Conformance Checklists announced
- Deni Auclair Discusses Outsell's Open Access Report
- Linked Data URIs and Libraries: The Story So Far
- ALA appoints Jenny Levine next LITA Executive Director
- Many Choices for Obama in Replacing Billington at Library of Congress