NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Paper Permanence Standard Revision Call for Participation
- NISO Receives Mellon Grant for Patron Privacy Framework
- New Projects to Develop Standards for Bibliographic Vocabulary Exchange
- April Webinar: Experimenting with BIBFRAME
- April Virtual Conference: Expanding the Assessment Toolbox
- May Training Thursday: Implementing SUSHI/COUNTER at Your Institution
- May Webinar: Software Preservation and Use
- NISO/NASIG Joint May Webinar: Special Cases in RDA Serials Cataloging
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- ISO/TS 24620-1:2015, Language resource management – Controlled natural language (CNL) – Part 1: Basic concepts and principles
- ISO/IEC 11179-5:2015, Information technology – Metadata registries (MDR) – Part 5: Naming principles
- ISO/IEC 13250-5:2015, Information technology – Topic Maps – Part 5: Reference model
- Library of Congress, Nine Office Open XML (OOXML) Formats Added to Format Sustainability Website
- W3C, Edited Recommendations for RDFa 1.1 Published
- UC Davis, CDL to Lead Major Project to Build Open Access Financial Model
- Shake-Up of Centuries-Old System of Credit in Scholarly Communication
- The Academic Book of the Future: Exploring Academic Practices and Expectations for the Monograph
- Usus: A Collaborative Initiative between Publishers and Librarians to Improve Electronic Resource Usage Statistics
- What We Got Wrong About Books