NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, in January, April, July, and October.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Receives Two Grants To Undertake a Framework on Data and Privacy
- Two Industry Leaders Join the NISO Staff
- New edition of Journal Article Tag Suite (JATS) is formally published
- NISO Annual Meeting at ALA Midwinter Conference
- January 13, 2016 NISO Webinar - Ensuring the Scholarly Record: The Scholarly Retractions, Scientific Reproducibility, and the Role of Publishers and Libraries
- January 18 NISO Open Teleconference: Standards in Review
- February Webinar: The Start Up Effect - How Startups are Changing the Culture of Scholarly Communications
- February Virtual Conference: Using Open Source in Your Institution
- Forthcoming ISO Ballots
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- W3C Publications on Best Practices for Data on the Web, Spatial Data on the Web Use Cases and Requirements, and CSV on the Web
- U.S. Copyright Office Announces DMCA "Operation" Study
- ISO Publishes New Code of Practice for Information Security Controls for Cloud Services, ISO/IEC 27017
- ISO Publishes Standard to Improve Inter-organizational and Inter-sector Communications
- Published: ISO 11799:2015, Information and Documentation Document Storage Requirements for Archive and Library Materials
- Information and Documentation on the Romanization of Chinese is Published as ISO 7098:2015