NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- New Recommended Practice on Demand Driven Acquisition of Monographs
- New Recommended Practice on Promoting Transparency in Library Discovery Services
- NISO Members Elect New Vice Chair and Directors to Lead the Organization in 2014-2015
- August Webinar: Streamlining and Simplifying: Advances in Consortial Licensing
- September Two-Part Webinar: E-books for Education
- September Virtual Conference: Library Data in the Cloud
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- ARMA International, Call for Participation: Secure Management of Private Information
- Book Industry Study Group, Recommendations for Citing Common Core State Standards in ONIX
- International Digital Publishing Forum, EPUB 3.0.1
- Library of Congress, Recommended Format Specifications 2014-2015
- Unicode Consortium, Unicode Standard, Version 7.0
- World Wide Web Consortium, Linked Data Platform 1.0 Primer Draft
- Action on Discoverability
- Dealing with Data: Science Librarians' Participation in Data Management at Association of Research Libraries Institutions
- What Is schema.org?
- Trends in Digital Scholarship Centers
- Ebook Discovery: The Library/Publisher "Sweet Spot"