NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Bibliographic Roadmap Development Project Meeting Report
- NISO May Webinar: Taking Full Advantage: Discovery of Open Access Content
- NISO/DCMI May Webinar: Semantic Mashups Across Large, Heterogeneous Institutions: Experiences from the VIVO Service
- NISO June Webinar: A Content Stream Runs Through It: Managing Streaming Media Collections in Libraries
- NISO/BISG 7th Annual Changing Standards Landscape Forum: E-Books: Discovery & Metadata Exchange, File Formats and Functionality, and Meeting Patron Needs
- NISO @ ALA Annual
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- Book Industry Study Group, Pilot Draft of Thema Global Subject Codes Published
- ISO/IEC 10918-5:2013, Information technology – Digital compression and coding of continuous-tone still images: JPEG File Interchange Format (JFIF)
- So That's What "RAND" Means?: A Brief Report on the Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law in Microsoft v. Motorola
- Separated At Birth: Library and Publisher Metadata
- Discovering Reciprocity
- The Many Faces of Article-Level Metrics
- A Matter of Perspective – Elsevier Acquires Mendeley… or, Mendeley Sells Itself to Elsevier