NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, in January, April, July, and October.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Releases Altmetrics Definitions and Use Cases for Public Comment
- NISO Seeks Volunteers to Help Revise Standards on Technical Reports, Controlled Vocabularies, and Bibliographic References
- Webinar: Supporting Underrepresented Groups in Technology
- Virtual Conference: Justifying the Library: Using Assessment to Justify Library Investments
- NISO Training Thursday: Making Assessment Work: Using ORCIDs to Improve Your Institutional Assessment
- Webinar: Supporting Research on Your Campus
- Forthcoming ISO Ballots
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- How Readers Discover Content in Scholarly Publications
- Is Psychology's Replication Crisis Really Overblown?
- The Epic Story of Dropbox's Exodus from the Amazon Cloud Empire
- An Interview with Clifford A. Lynch of the Coalition for Networked Information
- Federal Research Regulations for the 21st Century
- Young Academies of Europe Release Position Statements on Open Data and Open Access
- 7 Steps to Publishing in a Scientific Journal