NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, in January, April, July, and October.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
New Specs & Standards
- W3C Global Web Experts Plan Technical Roadmap for Future of Web
- Marrakesh Treaty Comes into Force, with First Implementation in Australia
- National Archives Issues Regulation on Controlled Unclassified Information
- OCLC and Internet Archive Work Together to Ensure Future Sustainability of Persistent URLs
- World Standards Week 2016
- Chris Saynor Joins EDItEUR
- After 'Tough' Year, BISG Refocuses
- An Open Perspective on Interactive Textbooks
- American Library Association Lauds Bipartisan Senate Bill to Renew Support for Libraries Nationwide
- Annotations as Peer Review: An Interview with Maryann Martone of Hypothes.is
- Disrupting the Subscription Journals' Business Model for the Necessary Large-scale Transformation to Open Access
- Google Is Redefining 3D Tech at the New African American History Museum
- White House to Data Scientists: We Need You