NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, in January, April, July, and October.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslinefirstname.lastname@example.org and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Releases Draft Altmetrics Recommended Practices on Data Metrics, Alternative Outputs, and Persistent Identifiers
- NISO Contributes to Annual Meeting of the ISO Technical Committee for Information and Documentation, TC46
- NISO Seeks Volunteers to Help Revise Standards on Technical Reports, Controlled Vocabularies, and Bibliographic References
- NISO Webinar: Integrating Library Management Systems
- NISO Virtual Conference: BIBFRAME and Real-world Applications of Linked Bibliographic Data
- ICSTI-NISO Joint Webinar Text and Data Mining: The Way Forward as Seen by the Library, Publisher, and Research Communities
- NISO at ALA
- Forthcoming ISO Ballots
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- STM Future Trends 2020 Provides Publishers Insights on the Currents Affecting Them
- Linking Publications and Data: Challenges, Trends, and Opportunities
- A Scholarly Divide: Social Media, Big Data, and Unattainable Scholarship
- How Large is the "Public Domain"?: A Comparative Analysis of Ringer's 1961 Copyright Renewal Study and HathiTrust CRMS Data
- Open Research Unlocks Career Opportunities: An Interview Featuring Meredith Niles
- Dear Colleague Letter: Seeking Community Input on Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
- Reality Check on Reproducibility
- Perspectives on Big Data, Ethics, and Society
- LYRASIS and DuraSpace Announce Dissolution of "Intent to Merge"
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) Explore Plans to Combine