NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Launches New Projects in Altmetrics
- Revised SUSHI Standard and Supporting Documentation Released
- New Recommended Practice Published on Access License and Indicators
- NISO Strategic Directions Paper
- January Webinar: Net Neutrality: Will Library Resources Be Stuck in the Slow Lane?
- FREE January Webinar: Collaborative Improvements: ODI Success Stories
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- ISO 14289-1:2014, Document management applications – Electronic document file format enhancement for accessibility – Part 1: Use of ISO 32000-1 (PDF/UA-1)
- Worldwide Web Consortium, Call for Review: RDFa 1.1 is a Proposed Edited Recommendation
- Worldwide Web Consortium, Linked Data Platform (LDP) 1.0 Documents for Review and Implementation
- Worldwide Web Consortium, Microdata to RDF (Second Edition) Group Note Published
- Worldwide Web Consortium, HTML5 Differences from HTML4 Note
- Worldwide Web Consortium, Digital Publishing Annotation Use Cases Note Published
- From Net Neutrality to Copyright: Media Law Trends for 2015
- Achieving Human and Machine Accessibility of Cited Data In Scholarly Publications
- The "Wild West" of Academic Publishing
- Bringing Order to Digital Identifiers: The Case for Streamlining with EIDR
- What's Going On in the Library? Part 2: The Convergence of Data Repositories and Library Publishers
- Getting Real About Privacy: Confidentiality, Digital Literacy, and Beyond