NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- August Webinar: Streamlining and Simplifying: Advances in Consortial Licensing
- Two-Part September Webinar: E-books for Education
- September Virtual Conference: Library Data in the Cloud
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- Call for Candidates for the Registration Authority for ISO 17316 International Standard Link Identifier (ISLI)
- ISO 18626:2014, Information and documentation – Interlibrary Loan Transactions
- W3C Launches Push for Social Web Application Interoperability
- Resource Description and Access: 2014 Update
- ISNI and VIAF – Transforming Ways of Trustfully Consolidating Identities
- Implementing CHORUS: Big Decisions Loom for Publishers
- Incentivizing Peer Review: The Last Obstacle for Open Access Science
- Nature Communications Data Shows Open Access Articles Have More Views And Downloads
- Ask The Chefs: "When Do We Stop Printing?"
- Alternative Metrics in Scientometrics: A Meta-Analysis of Research into Three Altmetrics
- Understanding Repository Growth at the University of North Texas: A Case Study