NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslinefirstname.lastname@example.org and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- September Two-Part Webinar: E-books for Education
- September Virtual Conference: Library Data in the Cloud
- October Webinar: 21st Century Resource Sharing: Which Inter-Library Loan Standard Should I Use?
- In-Person and Livestream October Forum: Using the Web as an E-Content Distribution Platform – Opening and Closing Keynotes Available for Free
- New Edition of COUNTER-SUSHI Implementation Profile
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- IEEE, Draft Recommended Practices to Ensure Conference Content Quality
- ISO 28560:2014, Information and documentation – RFID in libraries
- ISO/IEC 19788-1/Amd1:2014, Information technology – Learning, education and training – Metadata for learning resources – Part 1: Framework - Amendment 1
- ISO/IEC 10646:2014, Information technology – Universal Coded Character Set (UCS)
- W3C Working Group Note, Linked Data Platform Best Practices and Guidelines
- Resolving the Link Resolver Problem
- What Happens When You Take Something of Value and Give it Away?
- Report: Libraries Struggling with E-books
- An Interview with Amy Brand on a Proposed New Contributor Taxonomy Initiative
- The State of the University Press
- The Lyon Declaration Tackles Information Access and Sustainable Development