NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Launches New Initiative: XML Standard for Producing Standards Documents
- NISO Releases Draft Technical Report on SUSHI-Lite for Public Trial and Comment
- Agenda Released for NISO In-Person Forum on the Future of Library Resource Discovery
- August Webinar: MOOCs and Libraries: A Brewing Collaboration
- September Two-Part Webinar: The Practicality of Managing "E"
- September Virtual Conference: Scholarly Communication Models: Evolution or Revolution?
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs Standards
- ISO/IEC 26300:2015, Information technology -- Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) v1.2 -- Part 1: OpenDocument Schema
- The Library of Congress, 2015-2016 Recommended Formats Statement
- Book Industry Study Group (BISG), Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Data Senders and Receivers
- International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF), Call for Review: EDUPUB Profile for EPUB, Open Annotations in EPUB, EPUB Distributable Objects, EPUB Scriptable Components
- ARMA International, Call for Participation for Revision of ARMA 19-201x, Policy Design for Managing Electronic Messages
- NISO: Striving for a Consensus Framework for Patron Privacy
- The DOI — Twenty Years On
- Yet Another Metadata Zoo
- Exploring Information Security and Shared Encrypted Spaces in Libraries
- A Novel Open Source Approach to Monitor EZproxy Users' Activities