NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslinefirstname.lastname@example.org and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Comments Sought on Protocol for Exchanging Serial Content Draft Recommended Practice
- November 12 Webinar: Keyword Search = "Improve Discovery Systems"
- November 19 Virtual Conference: Can't We All Work Together? Interoperability & Systems Integration
- NISO/NFAIS Joint Virtual Conference: Connecting the Library to the Wider World: Successful Applications of Linked Data
- NISO Two-Part December Webinar: Sustainable Information
- Important Information about Information Standards Quarterly Subscriptions Ordered through Swets
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- Six NISO Standards Undergoing Periodic Review
- CASRAI, Call for Comments Contributor Roles Taxonomy (CRediT)
- COAR, CASRAI and Regional Repository Networks Launch International Group To Improve Interoperability
- ISO/IEC 17788:2014, Information technology – Cloud computing – Overview and vocabulary
- ISO/IEC 17789:2014, Information technology – Cloud computing – Reference architecture
- ISO 24156-1:2014, Graphic notations for concept modelling in terminology work and its relationship with UML – Part 1: Guidelines for using UML notation in terminology work
- World Wide Web Consortium, HTML5: A Vocabulary and Associated APIs for HTML and XHTML
- Success Strategies for Electronic Content Discovery and Access
- MA State Ebook Pilot Offers Insights
- Tyler Walters, Founding Director of SHARE, on Next Steps in Sharing Research
- A Web of Meaning: Linked Open Data Resources on the Web
- Altmetrics: What Are They Good For?
- Archiving the Web: A Case Study from the University of Victoria
- Standards Keep Pages Turning During National Book Month