NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslineemail@example.com and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- NISO Circulation Interchange Protocol Standing Committee Replaces Former Maintenance Agency
- Alternative Assessment Metrics (Altmetrics) Project Second In-person Meeting and Livestream
- December Webinar: Library Linked Data: From Vision to Reality
- 2014 NISO Education Events – Subscription Packages Available
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- ISO 3166, Codes for the representation of names of countries and their subdivisions
- ISO/TR 14873:2013, Information and documentation – Statistics and quality issues for web archiving
- ISO/IEC JTC 1 Working Group Developing International Standard for Electronic Discovery [for court proceedings]
- ISO/IEC 13250-3:2013, Information technology – Topic Maps – Part 3: XML syntax
- ISO/IEC 2382-36:2013, Information technology – Vocabulary – Part 36: Learning, education and training
- Libraries Applaud Dismissal of Google Book Search Case
- E-book Optimism and Lingering Concerns
- The Natural Limits of Gold Open Access
- Libraries in the Time of MOOCs
- Despite Differences, University Libraries and Presses Partner More Often