NISO's free monthly e-newsletter reports on the latest NISO news, highlights new specifications and standards of interest, abstracts selected media stories on topics of interest to the NISO community, and links to news releases of NISO member organizations.
Newsline is distributed via email to subscribers on the first Wednesday of the month and posted to the NISO website. The Working Group Connection supplement is issued quarterly, on the second Wednesday of April, July, October, and January.
To subscribe to NISO Newsline send an email to Newslinefirstname.lastname@example.org and put "Subscribe Newsline" in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Information Standards Quarterly Magazine Fall 2014 issue on Identity Management Available in Open Access
- Subscription Packages Available for 2015 Educational Programs
- NISO Two-Part December Webinar: Sustainable Information
- January Webinar: Net Neutrality: Will Library Resources Be Stuck in the Slow Lane?
- New on the NISO Website
New Specs & Standards
- EDItEUR, Thema version 1.1
- International Image Interoperability Framework, Major Version Releases of Image and Presentation API Specifications
- ISO 10161:2014, Information and documentation – Open Systems Interconnection – Interlibrary Loan Application Protocol Specification
- ISO/IEC TS 30135:2014, Information technology – Digital publishing – EPUB3
- Learning Resource Metadata Initiative, LRMI Metadata Terms as RDF (Comment Draft)
- EIDR and ISAN UK Announce Launch of UK AV Registration Agency
- International ISBN Agency launches the Global Register of Publishers
- ORCID Issues Its One Millionth Identifier
- The Social, Political and Legal Aspects of Text and Data Mining (TDM)
- Bibliometric Indicators for Publishers: Data processing, indicators and interpretation
- On the Shoulders of Giants: The Growing Impact of Older Articles
- AB 609: California Leads on Open Access to Publicly Funded Research