NISO 2014 Virtual Conferences
Virtual conferences are 5-6 hour conferences held online in webinar-like formats, with occasional breaks in the schedule for participants. The longer length allows the depth of coverage of a conference coupled with the convenience of a webinar.
- US/Canada: $185
- International: $225
- US/Canada: $245
New for 2014! NISO offers a discount program for organizations wishing to attend multiple NISO virtual conferences. This is an excellent opportunity for institutions to offer continuing professional development opportunities to their staff—without the expense of travel and at a discounted rate!
Buy 4, Get 2 Free! Get all six of the 2014 NISO Virtual Conferences offered this year.
- US/Canada: $740
- International: $900
- US/Canada: $980
- International: $1140
There are six conferences planned for 2014.
September 24: Library Data in the Cloud
Just added! October 21-22: Using the Web as an E-Content Distribution Platform: Challenges and Opportunities
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the virtual conference via e-mail the Friday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration for each event will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the conference. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the conference from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by 10AM (ET) on the Tuesday before the event, please contact the NISO office or email Juliana Wood, Educational Programs Manager at email@example.com for immediate assistance.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Conference presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- System Requirements:
- NISO has developed a quick tutorial, How to Participate in a NISO Web Event. Please view the recording, which is an overview of the web conferencing system and will help to answer the most commonly asked questions regarding participating in an online Webex event.
- You will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A.
- Audio is available through the computer (broadcast) and by telephone. We recommend you have a set-up for telephone audio as back-up even if you plan to use the broadcast audio as the voice over Internet isn't always 100% reliable.
- Please check your system in advance to make sure it meets the Cisco WebEx requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that your system is properly set up before each webinar begins.