Data Movement and Management
A NISO Pre-ACRL Forum
March 11, 2009
University of Washington
- About the Forum
- Data Movement & Management Webinar
March 18th, 1-2:30 p.m.
Can't join us in person? Come to the webinar for an in-brief version of our in-person event. Attendees at the Seattle forum will automatically be enrolled in the webinar at no additional cost.
About the Forum
Modern libraries consist of a variety of complicated data systems, many containing a portion of the data needed to address any specific question. Often data needs to be extracted from one system and moved to or compared with information in another. Frequently, these systems donít communicate well. This in-person conference will explore a number of ongoing data transfer and transformation consensus projects. Whether it is collections or holdings information distributed via ONIX, financial data via CORE, or usage data via SUSHI, the community is working on strategies and structures to easily transition data from one system to another. Each of these initiatives will contribute to saving librarians time and eventually money in managing their operations. Themes: General Issues, Cataloging, Collection Management, Library Management Level: Intermediate to advanced
|Wednesday, March 11, 2009|
8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
9:00 - 9:15 a.m.
Welcome & Introductions
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.||
Opening Keynote - The Landscape of Data Movement and Management in Libraries
|10:15 - 10:30 a.m.||
|10:30 - 11:15 a.m.||
CORE - Cost of Resource Exchange - Combining Cost and Use Data in Libraries
|11:15 a.m. - 12 noon||
|12 noon - 1:00
|1:00 - 1:45 p.m.||
The Extensible Catalog: Reusing Library Metadata
|1:45 - 2:30 p.m.||
The OAI-ORE Project - What It Is and How People Can Apply It
|2:30 - 3:00 p.m.||
|3:00 - 3:45 p.m.||
|3:45 - 4:00 p.m.||
If paying by credit card, register online here.If paying by check, use this PDF form.
Early-Bird (Ends 3/02/09): $135.00
Early-Bird (Ends 3/02/09): $165.00
- Early bird rates are offered until March 2, 2009.
- Registration closes March 9, 2009. After that date, a processing fee of $50 will be added. This also applies to any on-site registration.
- Cancellations made by March 2, 2009 will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Notify the NISO office if you have any dietary restrictions (301-654-2512).
- Students should submit proof of enrollment when registering. Please contact the NISO office (301-654-2512) with questions.