About the Training
Addressing a data management plan for the first time can be an intimidating exercise. Join NISO for a hands-on workshop that will guide you through the elements of creating a data management plan, including gathering necessary information, identifying needed resources, and navigating potential pitfalls. Participants explore the important components of a data management plan and critique excerpts of sample plans provided by the instructors.
This session is meant to be a guided, step-by-step session that will follow the February 18 NISO Virtual Conference, Scientific Data Management: Caring for Your Institution and its Intellectual Wealth
About the Instructors
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the training session via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact Educational Programs Manager Juliana Wood to provide alternate contact information.
- Presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived training webinar recording 24- 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.