Annual Report & Strategic Planning
In order to download or print PDF versions of documents, you need to have Acrobat Reader installed. Acrobat Reader is available here.
- 2013 PDF View in SlideShare
- 2012 PDF View in SlideShare
- 2011 PDF
- 2010 PDF PPSX
- 2008 -- No report issued.
Policies and Procedures
- NISO Operating Procedures (2014)
- NISO Bylaws (2007)
- NISO Intellectual Property Policy (2013)
- NISO Conflict of Interest Policy (2003)
- NISO Publication Agreement and Copyright License
- NISO Policy on Non-Member Participation in NISO Standards Development
- NISO Expense Reimbursement Policy
- ANSI Essential Requirements 2014
Due process requirements for American National Standards. Outlines the requirements for American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developers, which includes NISO.
The NISO Framework is laid out fully in the article, "NISO Framework to Direct New Committee Governance Structure," written by Todd Carpenter, NISO Executive Director, for the NISO journal Information Standards Quarterly (ISQ -- Volume 19, issue 2/3 -- April/July 2007). The Framework is "an overarching model and roadmap for all of NISO’s standards work" and is reviewed regularly by NISO's Architecture Committee.
The NISO Strategic Directions document was published in January 2015. It is an analysis of future potential areas of work, created by the members of the Business Information, Content and Collections Management, and Discovery to Delivery Topic Committees, and reviewed by the NISO Architecture Committee.
NISO published a Strategic Planning Update in 2011.
Information on the Strategic Planning Panel, the Blue Ribbon Panel Report, and NISO's Strategic Directions document.