In order to download or print PDF versions of documents, you need to have Acrobat Reader installed. Acrobat Reader is available here.
Policies and Procedures
- NISO Operating Procedures (2009)
- NISO Draft Operating Procedures (2012) - NISO BOD approved; ANSI approval pending
- NISO Bylaws (2007)
- NISO Intellectual Property Policy (2003)
- NISO Conflict of Interest Policy (2003)
- NISO Publication Agreement and Copyright License
- ANSI Essential Requirements 2013
Due process requirements for American National Standards. Outlines the requirements for American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developers, which includes NISO.
The NISO Framework is laid out fully in the article, "NISO Framework to Direct New Committee Governance Structure," written by Todd Carpenter, NISO Managing Director, for the NISO journal Information Standards Quarterly (ISQ -- Volume 19, issue 2/3 -- April/July 2007). The Framework is "an overarching model and roadmap for all of NISO’s standards work" and is reviewed regularly by NISO's Architecture Committee.
Information on the Strategic Planning Panel, the Blue Ribbon Panel Report, and NISO's Strategic Directions document.