Registration is Now Open!
To register online by card, click here.
Seating will be capped at 120. Don't delay!
Member (CENDI, NAS, RDA-US, and/or NISO-NFAIS)
Save the Date! Wednesday, September 11, 2019
This collaboratively-organized workshop is for data and information professionals, information technologists, and for disciplinary scientists interested in effective data sharing. Sessions provide an overview of activities related to making data “FAIR” (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable).
The one-day event focuses on the implementations, ultimate impacts, and implications, especially as data is made FAIR for people and machines.
The Workshop will provide a opportunity for attendees to collaborate with their peers and hear from leading experts. Some of the confirmed speakers include:
- Marcia McNutt, President, National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
- George Strawn, Director, Board on Research Dara and Information (BRDI), The National Academy of Science, Engineering, and Medicine
- Barend Mons, President, CODATA (a commission of the International Science Council), and Professor of Bioinformatics, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Joanna Martin, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, DOE
- Michael Huerta, Associate Director of the National Library of Medicine
- Robert J. Hanisch, Director of the Office of Data and Informatics, Material Measurement Library, NIST
- Beth Plale, Science Advisor for Public Access, NSF
- Laura Biven, Program Manager, Advanced Scientific Computing Research, Office of Science, DOE
- Lynn Yarmey, RDA-US Director of Community Development
- Giridhar Manepalli, Director of Information Management Technology, Corporation for National Research Initiatives (CNRI)
- Giri Palamisany, Director, Atmospheric Radiation Monitoring (ARM) Research Facility
- Rebecca Koskela, Executive Director, DataONE
- Leslie McIntosh, Executive Director, RDA-US
- Marianne Martone, Professor Emeritus (Neuroscience), University of California, San Diego
- Edit Herzal, RDA Working Group Initiative FAIR Data Maturity Model
- Erik Schultes, International Science Coordinator, GO FAIR
- Jason Griffey, Director of Strategic Initiatives, NISO
- Matt Jones, Director DataONE, UCSB
- Daniella Lowenberg, UC3 Product Manager, University of California Digital Library
- Bonnie C. Carroll, Chief Data Officer, Information International Associates Inc., and Secretary General, CODATA
- Daniel Atkins, Emeritus Professor of Information and EECS, University of Michigan
Date and Time:
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
9 AM –5 PM EST
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Room 100, Keck Center of the National Academy of Sciences, 500 Fifth Street, NW, Washington DC