- ANSI/NISO Z39.83-1 - 2008 NISO Circulation Interchange - Part 1: Protocol (NCIP)
This standard defines a protocol that is limited to the exchange of messages between and among computer-based applications to enable them to perform the functions necessary to lend and borrow items, to provide controlled access to electronic resources, and to facilitate co-operative management of these functions.
- ANSI/NISO Z39.83-2 - 2008 NISO Circulation Interchange Protocol (NCIP) Part 2: Implementation Profile 1
A practical implementation structure for the NISO Circulation Interchange Part 1: Protocol (NCIP) is defined.
- NCIP Schemas: http://www.niso.org/schemas/ncip
- NCIP Core Message Set
- NCIP Continuous Maintentance Procedures
- NCIP Standing Committee Public Documents
Standing Committee documents that have been made public, including meeting minutes.
- NCIP Maintenance Agency Website: www.ncip.info
In addition, see:
- NCIP Self-Service Core Tasks
A document outlining the essential tasks a user might want to perform at a self-service circulation kiosk.
- CORE DCB Tasks
Draft revision, focusing on NCIP message transmission of brokered resource sharing.
- NCIP Vendor Status Reports (deprecated -- for current reports, see the Implementer Registry)