KBART: Additional Resources
View all KBART's public documents (including presentations, updates, etc.) at: http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/documents.php?wg_abbrev=kbart
Also visit the UKSG KBART website: http://www.uksg.org/kbart/
- Entry-level explanation of OpenURL: purpose, methodology, value
- Introduction to knowledge base supply chain parties: roles, needs, responsibilities, value
- KBART Registry
Registry of knowledge base supply chain contacts.
- KBART Endorsement
Endorse the guidelines -- or learn who has.
- Join the Interest Group List
Receive updates from and provide feedback to the NISO/UKSG KBART working group.
- KBART Phase I Recommended Practice Report (NISO RP-9-2010, KBART: Knowledge Bases and Related Tools)
Approved January 2010
- KBART Monitoring Group Update - October 2008
- Original Phase I Work Item Proposal
Submitted to the NISO membership for approval December 2007.
- Link Resolvers and the Serials Supply Chain
UKSG final report, 21 May 2007
- Report on progress during the UKSG research project's term (completed May 2007)
- Tender document for the original UKSG research project
- KBART Phase II: The Next Step Towards Better Metadata, The Charleston Conference, November 2012, Charleston, SC. Ben Johnson and Nettie Lagace.
- Link Resolvers, Knowledgebases and the KBART Working Group, ER&L, March 2011, Austin TX. Chad Hutchens & Julie Zhu.
- KBART at ALA Midwinter 2010
LITA ERM Interest Group
Friday, January 7th • 4-5:30 pm
San Diego Convention Center, Room 25 C
ALCTS Holdings Committee
Saturday, January 8th • 4-5:30 pm
San Diego Convention Center, Room 30 C
November 5, 2010
Join KBART Working Group members Sherrard Ewing (Serials Solutions) and Chad Hutchens (University of Wyoming Libraries) at the Charleston Conference on Friday, November 5th from 3:10 - 4:00 p.m. to hear their presentation on Link Resolvers, Knowledge Bases and the KBART Working Group (Location: Francis Marion, Pinckney Room, Charleston, SC).
NISO Open Teleconference: KBART
September 14, 2009
MP3 Recording: http://www.niso.org/apps/group_public/event.php?event_id=1367
For the September 2009 NISO Open Teleconference call, Peter McCracken, co-chair of the NISO/UKSG KBART [Phase 1] Working Group provided an update and review of the group's progress.
KBART and the OpenURL: Increasing E-Resource Use through Improved User Access
NISO Webinar (April 8, 2009)
The Role of Knowledge Bases in Improving Discoverability Now and in the Future – Why National and International Collaboration is Key
November 9, 2011
Presentation by Sarah Pearson at the CONsortium on Core Electronic Resources in Taiwan (ConCERT) 2011 Conference, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- June 13, 2011 press release, "UKSG and NISO Announce Eight More Publishers Endorse KBART: Support and Demand for KBART Increasing Within Knowledge Community"
- March 21, 2011 press release, "NISO and UKSG Announce 30 More Publishers Endorse KBART: KBART Phase II Now Focusing on Consortia, Open Access and E-Books"
- September 16, 2010 press release, "NISO and UKSG Announce Five New KBART Endorsements: Registry of relevant contacts within stakeholder organizations also growing"
- June 1, 2010 press release, "UKSG and NISO Announce First Endorsers of KBART Recommended Practice: New KBART Phase II Working Group and Co-Chairs Also Revealed"
- NISO/UKSG Press Release (January 18, 2010): UKSG and NISO Release First KBART Recommendations for Improved OpenURL Data Supply
- NISO/UKSG Press Release (January 13, 2008): NISO and UKSG Partner to Tackle Inefficiencies in OpenURL Supply Chain