Discovery to Delivery
NEW as of February 2015! D2D-commissioned white paper on The Future of Library Resource Discovery
The NISO Discovery to Delivery Topic Committee was formed in early 2007 in response to a strategic restructuring. As part of NISO's organizational structure, topic committees that bring together leaders in specific subjects have been created to provide direction to the organization for standards development in those umbrella topic areas. The Discovery to Delivery Topic Committee focuses on issues regarding the finding and distribution of information by and to users, including OpenURL, Metasearch, interface design, web services, etc.
The topic committee is charged with the following tasks:
- Track standards development within NISO and in other standards organizations related to the topic.
- Identify where new standards may provide solutions in their specific area.
- Convene Thought Leader meetings to incubate new standards activities.
- Create and provide guidance and oversight to standards working groups under their purview.
- Manage the five-year reaffirmation process for approved standards.
Associate University Librarian, Digital & Discovery Services
University of Waterloo Library
Chair Term: 1/1/13-1/1/15; extended to 1/1/17
Ex Officio Members