The NISO Business Information Committee was formed in early 2007 in response to a strategic restructuring. As part of NISO's organizational structure, topic committees that bring together leaders in specific subjects have been created to provide direction to the organization for standards development in those umbrella topic areas. The Business Information Topic Committee focuses on issues regarding the management structure surrounding the acquisition, licensing, purchasing, and analysis of information. Specific areas include: license expression, online usage data, access management, performance measures and other statistics, etc.
The topic committee is charged with the following tasks:
- Track standards development within NISO and in other standards organizations related to the topic.
- Identify where new standards may provide solutions in their specific area.
- Convene Thought Leader meetings to incubate new standards activities.
- Create and provide guidance and oversight to standards working groups under their purview.
- Manage the five-year reaffirmation process for approved standards.
Christine M. Stamison
Timothy T. Strawn
Ex Officio Members