February 10: The Start Up Effect - How Startups are Changing the Culture of Scholarly Communications (NISO Webinar) February 17: Using Open Source in Your Institution (NISO Virtual Conference) February 25: GitHub - How to Use it to Greatest Effect (NISO Training Thursday)
NISO Topic Committees
As part of NISO's organizational structure, topic committees that bring together leaders in specific subjects have been created to provide direction to the organization for standards development in those umbrella topic areas.
The topic committees are charged with the following tasks:
- Track standards development within NISO and in other standards organizations related to the topic.
- Identify where new standards may provide solutions in their specific area.
- Convene Thought Leader meetings to incubate new standards activities.
- Create and provide guidance and oversight to standards working groups under their purview.
- Manage the five-year reaffirmation process for approved standards.
For more information, see Topic Committee Overview.