May 4: Supporting Research On Your Campus (NISO Webinar) May 20: Project Transfer For Librarians: Making Your Life Easier When Titles Change Hands (Working Group Connections, Live!) June 8: Integrating Library Management Systems (NISO Webinar)
NISO Topic Committees
As part of NISO's organizational structure, topic committees that bring together leaders in specific subjects have been created to provide direction to the organization for standards development in those umbrella topic areas.
The topic committees are charged with the following tasks:
- Track standards development within NISO and in other standards organizations related to the topic.
- Identify where new standards may provide solutions in their specific area.
- Convene Thought Leader meetings to incubate new standards activities.
- Create and provide guidance and oversight to standards working groups under their purview.
- Manage the five-year reaffirmation process for approved standards.
For more information, see Topic Committee Overview.