NISO Standards At Ballot or Periodic Review
More information about balloting and periodic review can be found in the NISO Operating Procedures. For information on joining the consensus body voting pool, see section 5.3.4.
The following published and approved NISO standards will be coming up for their periodic review. NISO is interested in hearing whether and how you are using these standards, their value to you, and if you have any suggestions for possible revision. Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Standards are open for comment through March 30, 2016.
The following standards are currently at ballot by NISO voting members. All standards at ballot are available for public review and comment through the end of the ballot period. Comment online at http://www.niso.org/contact/.
Ballots have recently closed for:
- ANSI/NISO Z39.2-1994 (R2009) Information Interchange Format (ballot closed January 9, 2016; standard was reaffirmed)
- ANSI/NISO Z39.18-2005 (R2010) Scientific and Technical Reports - Preparation, Presentation, and Preservation (ballot closed January 24, 2016; a project to revise the standard was approved)
- ANSI/NISO Z39.19-2005 (R2010) Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Monolingual Controlled Vocabularies (ballot closed January 24, 2016; a project to revise the standard was approved)
- ANSI/NISO Z39.29-2005 (R2010) Bibliographic References (ballot closed January 30, 2016; a project to revise the standard was approved)
A ballot remains open for:
- ANSI/NISO/ISO 12083-1995 (R2009), Electronic Manuscript Preparation and Markup (ballot closes February 3, 2016)