||Gordon Dunsire, Corey Harper, Diane Hillmann, and Jon Phipps
||Dunsire, Gordon, Corey Harper, Diane Hillmann, and Jon Phipps. Linked Data Vocabulary Management: Infrastructure Support, Data Integration, and Interoperability. Information Standards Quarterly, 2012 Spring/Summer, 24(2/3):4-13.
||Recently there has been a shift in popular approaches to large-scale metadata management and interoperability. Approaches rooted in semantic Web technologies, particularly in the resource description Framework (rdF) and related data modeling efforts, are gaining favor and popularity. In the library community, this trend has accelerated since the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) re-framed many of the Semantic Web's enabling technologies in terms of Linked Open Data (LOD)—a lightweight practice of using web-friendly identifiers, explicit domain models, and related ontologies to design graph-based metadata. As more and more RDF-based metadata become available, a lack of established best practices for vocabulary development and management in a Semantic Web world is leading to a certain level of vocabulary chaos. Strategies for vocabulary publishing, discovery, evaluation, and mapping have the potential to change the conversation significantly.
- Isaac, Antoine, William Waites, Jeff young, and Marcia Zeng. Library Linked Data Incubator Group: Datasets, value vocabularies, and metadata element sets. W3C Incubator Group Report, 25 October 2011.
- Describing Archives: a Content Standard (DACS)
- TEI: Text Encoding Initiative
- VRA: Visual Resources Association
- Heery, Rachel, and Manula Patel. Application Profiles: Mixing and Matching Metadara Schemas. Ariadne, issue 25, September 24, 2000.
- CORES Registry
- DESIRE Metadata Registry
- Dublin Core Metadata Registry
- Heery, Rachel, and Harry Wagner. A Metadata Registry for the Semantic Web. D-Lib Magazine, May 2002, 8(5).
- Open Metadata Registry
- Nagamori, Mitsharu, Masahide Kanzaki, Naohisa Torigoshi, and Shigeo Sugimoto. Meta-Bridge: A Development of Metadata Information Infrastructure in Japan. Proceedings DC-2011, The Hague, Netherlands, September 21-23, 2011, pp. 63-68.
- JISC Information Environment Metadata Schema Registry
- de hÓra, Bill. vocabulary Design and Integration. Blog post of April 08, 2007.
- The RDA (Resource Description and Access) vocabularies
- Willer, Mirna, Gordon Dunsire, and Boris Bosančić. ISBD and the Semantic Web. JLIS.it: Italian journal of library and information science, December 2010, 1(2): 213-236.
- Unconstrained namespaces. In: IFLA Namespaces Technical Group, IFLA Classification and Indexing Newsletter, no. 45 (June 2012).
- British Library Data Model
- COMET (Cambridge Open METadata) Code
- MARC 21 in RDF vocabularies
- Bergman, Michael. Bridging the Gaps: Adaptive Approaches to Data Interoperability. Keynote Presentation at DC-2010, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Dunsire, Gordon, Diane Ileana Hillmann, Jon Phipps, and Karen Coyle. A Reconsideration of Mapping in a Semantic World. Proceedings DC-2011, The Hague, Netherlands, September 21-23, 2011, pp. 26-36.
- DC-2011 vocabulary Special Session/Meeting Report
- DCMI vocabulary Management Community
- Linked Open vocabularies
- Vandenbussche, Pierre-Yves, and Bernard Vatant. Metadata recommendations for linked open data vocabularies. version 1.0, 2011-12-28.
- DC - Schema.org Mappings