Open Discovery Initiative
NOW AVAILABLE – NISO RP-19-2014, Open Discovery Initiative: Promoting Transparency in Discovery
Download NISO RP-19-2014 PDF
WHAT IT IS...
- A technical recommendation for data exchange including data formats, method of delivery, usage reporting, frequency of updates and rights of use
- A way for libraries to assess content providers’ participation in discovery services
- A model by which content providers work with discovery service vendors via fair and unbiased indexing and linking
WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT…
- Simplifies the process of data exchange between participating discovery vendors and content providers
- Ensures participating discovery vendors are following fair and unbiased indexing and linking practices
- Mitigates technical and legal issues that might hinder broader participation by content providers or potential discovery service creators
- Allows libraries to understand how their licensed content is included in discovery systems
Check out our new brochure to quickly learn more about ODI!
NEW as of February 2015! D2D commissioned white paper on The Future of Library Resource Discovery