Open Discovery Initiative
NOW AVAILABLE – NISO RP-19-2014, Open Discovery Initiative: Promoting Transparency in Discovery
Download NISO RP-19-2014 PDF
WHAT IT IS...
- A technical recommendation for data exchange including data formats, method of delivery, usage reporting, frequency of updates and rights of use
- A way for libraries to assess content providers’ participation in discovery services
- A model by which content providers work with discovery service vendors via fair and unbiased indexing and linking
WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT…
- Simplifies the process of data exchange between participating discovery vendors and content providers
- Ensures participating discovery vendors are following fair and unbiased indexing and linking practices
- Mitigates technical and legal issues that might hinder broader participation by content providers or potential discovery service creators
- Allows libraries to understand how their licensed content is included in discovery systems
Check out our new brochure to quickly learn more about ODI!