Digital literacy. Data literacy. Those are just buzz phrases. Or are they? What degree of expertise should students and faculty have in order to effectively wrangle data and/or work with digital assets? What are the basic requirements in the modern workplace or laboratory? It’s no longer a question of mastering word processing or spreadsheets. Whether it is data science or digital humanities, what enables us, what qualifies us to work with digital assets? And how do we know?
The second portion of this two part event is scheduled for September 20, 2017. Having identified gaps in understanding, this follow-up segment will feature case studies from those institutions that have assumed leadership roles in training students and faculty in emerging tools and methodologies for working with digital materials and generating new digital assets. What’s can be accomplished through surveys, marketing campaigns and the hoary practice of bibliographic instruction?
Agenda and Event Slides
Todd Carpenter, Executive Director, NISO
Event Panelists To Be Announced
* * * * * * * *
Registration closes on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. (ET)
Registration for both parts
Save! Register for both parts of this two-part webinar and save 25%
If paying by credit card, register online for both parts.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form for both parts.
- NISO Member
- $150.00 (US and Canada)
- $165.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $202.00 (US and Canada)
- $239.00 (International)
Registration for Part 2 only
If paying by credit card, register online for Part 2 only.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form for Part 2 only.
- NISO Voting Members
- $100.00 (US and Canada)
- $110.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $135.00 (US and Canada)
- $159.00 (International)
- Student $49.00
- Registration closes at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Cancellations made by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 will receive a refund, less a $25 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by 10 a.m. (ET) on the Tuesday before the webinar, at please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact NISO Office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership and DO NOT need to register for the event for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.