NISO Webinar: Strategic Directions: Strategic Thinking: Five Years Ahead
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Agenda & Event Slides
- Event Q&A
Can't make it on the webinar day? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
- NISO has developed a quick tutorial, How to Participate in a NISO Web Event. Please view the recording, which is an overview of the web conferencing system and will help to answer the most commonly asked questions regarding participating in an online Webex event.
- You will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A.
- Audio is available through the computer (broadcast) and by telephone. We recommend you have a set-up for telephone audio as back-up even if you plan to use the broadcast audio as the voice over Internet isn't always 100% reliable.
- Please check your system in advance to make sure it meets the Cisco WebEx requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that your system is properly set up before each webinar begins.
This webinar will be driven by discussion of five significant trends (as identified by the global community of libraries) and the long-term ramifications. How are emerging technologies re-shaping existing legal protections and what does that mean for users and providers of digital content in a networked world? Can we rely on online education technologies to produce a more highly educated workforce? Will the networks of information and communication technologies enable collaboration as anticipated? How much personal data ought a provider to expect in exchange for content access? How far does the right of privacy extend? Information and communication technologies (ICT) are having an impact on human interactions and transactions. How will those transactions look in 2022?
Agenda and Event Slides
Todd Carpenter, Executive Director, NISO
Event Panelists To Be Announced
SAVE! Register for multiple events.
If paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form.
Registration closes on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. (ET)
- NISO Voting Members
- $100.00 (US and Canada)
- $110.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $135.00 (US and Canada)
- $159.00 (International)
- Registration closes at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, October 18, 2017. Cancellations made by Wednesday, October 11, 2017 will receive a refund, less a $25 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by 10:00 a.m. (ET) on the Tuesday before the webinar, at please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact NISO Office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership and DO NOT need to register for the event for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.