NISO Training Thursdays
Based on thoughtful comments and detailed feedback from Library Standards Alliance members and attendees to our webinars and virtual conferences, NISO is undertaking three training sessions during the 2017 program year. These three sessions will be offered in a webinar format, and each one will be a technical follow up to three selected virtual conference topics.
- February 23:
- A guided, step-by-step session that will follow the February 15 NISO Virtual Conference: Institutional Repositories: Ensuring Your IR is Populated, Useful and Thriving
- April 27:
- A guided, step-by-step session that will follow the April 19 NISO Virtual Conference: Opening Up Education: Textbooks, Resources, Courseware & More
- December 14:
- A guided, step-by-step session that will follow the December 13 NISO Virtual Conference: Advancing Altmetrics: Best Practices and Emerging Ideas
Any organization that registers for the associated Virtual Conference, including the subscription package subscribers, will receive a Login Information email invitation to join the associated Training event which will be sent on the Monday prior to the training session.
The Login Information email will be sent to the registered attendee listed in our online registration system.
If you would like to attend the event without registering for the associated Virtual Conference, you may do so using the registration links available on each of the individual NISO Training Thursday webpages.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the training session via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact NISO Office (email@example.com) to provide alternate contact information.
- Presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived training webinar recording 24- 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.
- NISO has developed a quick tutorial, How to Participate in a NISO Web Event. Please view the recording, which is an overview of the web conferencing system and will help to answer the most commonly asked questions regarding participating in an online Webex event.
- You will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A.
- Audio is available through the computer (broadcast) and by telephone. We recommend you have a set-up for telephone audio as back-up even if you plan to use the broadcast audio as the voice over Internet isn't 100% reliable.
- Please check your system in advance to make sure it meets the Cisco WebEx requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that your system is properly set up before each webinar begins.