NISO 2014 Webinars
NISO offers a discount program for organizations wishing to attend multiple NISO webinars. This is an excellent opportunity for institutions to offer continuing professional development opportunities to their staff—without the expense of travel and at a discounted rate!
Two packages are available:
- Buy 9 and Get 5 Free.
Get all 14 NISO 2014 Webinars!
NISO Members: US/Canada - $855; International - $981
NASIG members: $855
Non-Members: US/Canada - $1125; International - $1341
- Buy 5 and Get 4 Free.
You pick which 9 NISO webinars you want.
NISO Members: US/Canada - $475; International - $545
NASIG members: $475
Non-Members: US/Canada - $625; International - $745
- January 8: From Device to Device: Adaptive Interfaces for Content
- February 12: We Know it When We See It: Managing "Works" Metadata
- NISO Two-Part Webinar: The Infrastructure of Open Access
- April 9: Back from Marrakesh: Implementing an Accessible Content World
- May 14: Getting to the Right Content: Link Resolvers and Knowledgebases
- June 11: Fragmented Publishing: The Implications of Self-Publishing
- August 13: Streamlining and Simplifying: Advances in Consortial Licensing
- NISO Two-Part Webinar: E-books for Education
- October 15: 21st Century Resource Sharing: Which Inter-Library Loan Standard Should I Use?
- November 12: Keyword Search = "Improve Discovery Systems"
- NISO Two-Part Webinar: Sustainable Information
- Only the 2014 NISO webinars listed on this page are eligible for either package. NISO virtual conferences, in-person events, or other joint webinars are not eligible.
- To subscribe to a NISO Webinar package, register for the package only. Additional registration fees will be incurred if you register for each event separately. Contact the NISO office with any questions.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership. You do not need to register for any NISO webinars for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Friday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording 24- 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.
- System Requirements:
- NISO has developed a quick tutorial, How to Participate in a NISO Web Event. Please view the recording, which is an overview of the web conferencing system and will help to answer the most commonly asked questions regarding participating in an online Webex event.
- You will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A.
- Audio is available through the computer (broadcast) and by telephone. We recommend you have a set-up for telephone audio as back-up even if you plan to use the broadcast audio as the voice over Internet isn't 100% reliable.
- Please check your system in advance to make sure it meets the Cisco WebEx requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that your system is properly set up before each webinar begins.