NISO Webinar: Universal Accessibility: Creating E-Books Anyone Can Read
April 10, 2013
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Event Slides
- Event Q&A
Can't make it on the webinar day? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
- System Requirements:
You will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A. Audio is available through the computer (broadcast) and by telephone. We recommend you have a set-up for telephone audio as back-up even if you plan to use the broadcast audio as the voice over Internet isn't 100% reliable.
Please check your system in advance to make sure it meets the Cisco WebEx requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that your system is properly set up before each webinar begins.
One of the exciting aspects of e-books and the newer standards for them is the ability content creators have to create a format that provides for accessibility for everyone. From individuals who are visually impaired to those that have cognitive or learning disabilities, all can all be accommodated with the latest dizzying array of devices that support a variety of functionality and multimedia. In this webinar you will learn about new and emerging technologies to provide universal accessibility, including built-in accessibility for textbooks and an open source platform.
- Emerging Technologies for the Visually Impaired — Anne Taylor, Director of Access Technology, National Federation for the Blind
- Built-in Access for Digital Textbooks — Michele Bruno, Program Manager, Accessibility, Cengage Learning
- An Introduction to the Readium-based accessible Bookshare Web Reader — Ginny Grant, Product Manager, Benetech
If paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form.
Registration closes on April 10, 2013 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
- NISO Member
- $95.00 (US and Canada)
- $109.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $125.00 (US and Canada)
- $149.00 (International)
- Registration closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on April 10, 2013. Cancellations made by April 3, 2013 will receive a refund, less a $20 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- If you have not received your Login Instruction email by Tuesday at 10AM (EST) please contact the NISO office or email Juliana Wood, Educational Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate assistance.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. You may have as many people as you like from the registrant's organization view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections, you will need to enter a separate registration for each connection needed.
- If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Library Standards Alliance (LSA) members receive one free webinar connection as part of their membership. You do not need to register for the event for this free connection. Your webinar contact will receive the login instructions the Monday before the event. You may have as many people as you like from the member's library view the webinar from that one connection. If you need additional connections beyond the free one, then you will need to enter a paid registration (at the member rate) for each additional connection required.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants and LSA member webinar contacts will receive an e-mail message containing access information to the archived webinar recording within 48 hours after the event. This recording access is only to be used by the registrant's or member's organization.