The Three S's of Electronic Resource Management:
Systems, Standards and Subscriptions
January 12, 2011
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Event Slides
- Event Q&A
Can't make it on the 12th? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
- System Requirements
- Please note: you will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A, and a telephone for the audio.
- Mac users: You will need to use Safari to view the webinar.
- To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting: http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/livemeeting_downloads.asp
Electronic Resource Management (ERM) encompasses a variety of practices and services that impact library staff and patrons. In this session, three panelists from the system vendor, subscription agent and academic library communities converge to discuss benefits and challenges of “three S’s” integral to ERM: systems, standards and subscriptions.
This high-level overview is ideal for libraries that might be considering ERM solutions and existing ERM libraries that would benefit with an update on current developments.
The First S: Standards for Organizing and Distributing Information
Todd Carpenter, Managing Director, NISO, will give an overview of current standards relevant to ERM and implementation challenges for stakeholder.
The Second S: Systems for Electronic Resource Management
Bob McQuillan, Senior Product Manager, Innovative Interfaces, will review ERM systems and their benefits for both library staff and patrons.
The Third S: Subscriptions to Electronic Resources
Oliver Pesch, Chief Strategist, E-Resources, EBSCO Information Services, will discuss the evolving role of electronic resource subscription services and the benefits to customers.
If paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, please use this PDF form.
Registration closes on January 12, 2011 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
- NISO Member
- $89.00 (US and Canada)
- $104.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $119.00 (US and Canada)
- $144.00 (International)
- Registration closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on January 12, 2011. Cancellations made by January 5, 2011 will receive a refund, less a $20 cancellation. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail the Monday prior to the event. (Anyone registering between Monday and the close of registration will receive the message shortly after the registration is received, within normal business hours.) Due to the widespread use of spam blockers, filters, out of office messages, etc., it is your responsibility to contact the NISO office if you do not receive login instructions before the start of the webinar.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive access information to the archived webinar following the event. An e-mail message containing archive access instructions will be sent within 48 hours of the event.