NISO Forum: The E-Book Renaissance: Exploring the Possibilities Exposed by Digital Books
October 24-25, 2011
Tremont Plaza Hotel
- About the Forum
- About the Speakers
- Event Slides (1 of 2)
- Event Slides (2 of 2)
- Location Information & Directions
E-books have existed in the library landscape for over a decade, but it is only in the last few years that their use has shifted to finally become the game-changer that all have anticipated for so long. Availability, distribution, licensing, discoverability, current and future access, and usage of e-books all require content providers and libraries to change many of their existing processes and develop new ways to do business. Amidst this confusion is a wealth of opportunities for new collaborations and initiatives.
The NISO Forum, The E-Book Renaissance: Exploring the Possibilities Exposed by Digital Books will probe the key issues surrounding e-books from a variety of industry, library, scholarly, and consumer viewpoints. Participate in the community discussion for advancing e-book development, distribution, and use.
Click here to find out what's on the agenda for this informative two-day forum.
If paying by credit card, register online at: http://www.regonline.com/niso_forum_the_e_books_environment
If paying by check, use this PDF form.
NISO Voting and LSA Members:
Early-Bird (Ends 10/12/2011): $325.00
Early-Bird (Ends 10/12/2011): $375.00
- Early bird rates are offered until October 12, 2011.
- Registration closes October 19, 2011. After that date, a processing fee of $50 will be added for late registrations. This also applies to any on-site registration.
- Cancellations made by October 19, 2011 will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Notify the NISO office if you have any dietary restrictions (301-654-2512).
- Students should submit proof of enrollment when registering. Please contact the NISO office (301-654-2512) with questions.
Tremont Plaza Hotel (forum will take place at the hotel)
222 St Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
To Make Reservations:
Between 8 AM - 6PM (EDT) Monday-Friday
Ask for the National Information Standards Organization event room rate