COUNTER and Usage Data: A Two-Part Webinar
Part One - COUNTER: A How-To Guide
Register for both webinars and receive a 25% discount! You must register for the two-webinar package to receive the discount. Separate registrations will incur full registration fees. Package registrations made after 12:00 pm on May 6th will receive live access to New Applications of Usage Data and archive access to COUNTER: A How-To Guide. Please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Part Two - New Applications of Usage Data
May 13, 2009
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Additional Resources
- Event Slides
- Event Q&A
- Can't make it on the 13th? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
Please note: you will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A; portion, and a telephone for the audio portion. To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting: http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/livemeeting_downloads.asp
About the Webinar
The second part of a two-session series on COUNTER, this web seminar will explore broad issues surrounding usage data reports, the transfer of usage data via SUSHI, and developing issues related to e-books and multimedia. Hosted in partnership with COUNTER, the session will provide in-depth information about the challenges and opportunities librarians face regarding the application of usage data.
Themes: General Issues, Collection Management, Library Management
Level: Novice to Advanced
1:00-1:15 p.m.: Welcome & System Overview
Karen A. Wetzel, Standards Program Manager, NISO
1:15-1:35 p.m.: COUNTER - New Features and Applications
Peter Shepherd, Project Director, Project COUNTER
1:35-1:55 p.m.: Article-Level Metrics at PLoS and Beyond
Peter Binfield, Managing Editor of PLoS ONE, Public Library of Science
1:55-2:15 p.m.: An Overview of Recent Usage Data Research
John McDonald, Director, Information & Bibliographic Management & Faculty Relations, Libraries, Claremont University Consortium
2:15-2:30 p.m.: Q & A and Wrap-up
If paying by credit card, register online for either the single webinar or the two-webinar package. Package registrations made after 12:00 pm on May 6th will receive live access to New Applications of Usage Data and archive access to COUNTER: A How-To Guide.
If paying by check, use this PDF registration form.
|Single Webinar||Two-Webinar Package|
- Package registrations made after 12:00 pm on May 6th will receive live access to New Applications of Usage Data and archive access to COUNTER: A How-To Guide.
- Registration for the individual webinar or the package closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on May 13, 2009.
- Cancellations made by April 29 (package) and May 6 (individual webinar) will receive full refunds. After those respective dates, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar(s) via e-mail the Monday prior to the event(s).
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive access information to the archived webinar
following the event.