ONIX for Publication Licenses: Adding Structure to Legalese
December 9, 2009
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Event Slides
- Event Q&A
- Additional Resources
Can't make it on the 9th? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
- System Requirements
- Please note: you will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A, and a telephone for the audio.
- Mac users: You will need to use Safari to view the webinar.
- To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting: http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/livemeeting_downloads.asp
About the Webinar
Communicating to other on staff at the library and to end-users the terms that have been negotiated in a license arrangement is not an easy process. Simplification and distribution of the information in a license are critical components to greater distribution and understanding. ONIX for Publication License (PL) is a structure of encoding and sharing in a machine-readable format the terms that exist in a license. This seminar will update attendees on the application and use of ONIX-PL. It will also explore future developments in the management of electronic resources.
Welcome & System Overview
Todd Carpenter, NISO Managing Director
Additional information to be added shortly.
- Rick Burke, Executive Director, SCELC - Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium
- Wilma Mossink, Juridisch Adviseur/Legal Adviser, SURFfoundation
- Mark Bide, Executive Director, EDItEUR
Q&A and Wrap-up
If paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, use this PDF regsitration form.
Registration closes on December 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
- NISO Member
- $79.00 (US and Canada)
- $94.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $99.00 (US and Canada)
- $114.00 (International)
- Registration closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on December 9, 2009. Cancellations made by Decemberr 2, 2009 will receive a full refund. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail on Monday, December 7th. (Anyone registering between Dec. 7th and 12:00 pm Eastern on Dec. 9th will receive the message upon receipt and processing of payment, within normal business hours.) We ask that registrants please turn off any spam blockers or filters to ensure that the information is received. Registrants unable to access e-mail during that time (out of office, etc.) should contact the NISO office to designate an alternate contact. Any registrant who has not received login instructions by 12:00 pm Eastern on December 9th must contact the NISO office at email@example.com or 301-654-2512.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive access information to the archived webinar following the event. An e-mail message containing archive access instructions will be sent within 48 hours of the event.