Library Resource Management Systems: New Challenges, New Opportunities
October 8-9, 2009
Metro Meeting Center
- Maintain functionality for staff / Offer usable interfaces for patrons
- Preserve local individuality / Profit from shared practices
- Cope with shrinking resources / Crave more development input
- Value external service and support / Appraise the advantages of internal creative freedom
- Explore the effects of changes to the library community on system suppliers' business models
- Compare the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and open-source systems through real libraries' experiences
- Examine the implications of placing library systems in the cloud
- Address the need for interoperability between library management systems and other systems at work in the library
- Consider how information standards can help all stakeholders cope with this shifting terrain
Metro Meeting Centers - BostonHotel Information
101 Federal Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02110
Tel.: (617) 737-1200
Map & Directions
Guests of Metro Meeting Centers can use the Centerís Club Quarters membership to reserve a guest room. Those wishing to make reservations can call the number below to speak to Central Booking in NYC. Tell the operator that you would like to stay in the Boston Club Quarters using the Metro Meeting Centers membership. If a membership is not mentioned, you will not be able to make reservations.
Club QuartersIf paying with a credit card, register online at: www.regonline.com/LRMS
161 Devonshire Street
Map & Directions
Rates: Double bed: $151.00 per night / Queen: $171.00 per night
If paying with a check, use this PDF registration form.
Early-Bird (Ends 10/1/09): $475.00
Early-Bird (Ends 10/1/09): $545.00
- Early bird rates are offered until October 1, 2009.
- Registration closes October 5, 2009. After that date call the NISO office to arrange for registration at the regular rate. A processing fee of $50 will be added to each on-site registration.
- Cancellations made by October 5, 2009 will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Notify the NISO office if you have any dietary restrictions (301-654-2512).
- Students should submit proof of enrollment when registering. Please contact the NISO office (301-654-2512) with questions.