E-Resources Licensing: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
A Two-Part Webinar
Register for both webinars and receive a 25% discount! You must register for the two-webinar package to receive the discount. Separate registrations will incur full registration fees. Registrations made before 12:00 pm Eastern on September 9th will receive live access to both webinars; registrations made after that time will receive live access to Part II and archive access to Part I. Please contact the NISO office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
E-Resources Licensing: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly -- PART II
September 16, 2009
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- About the Webinar
- Event Slides
- Event Q&A
Can't make it on the 16th? Register now and gain access to the archive for one year.
- System Requirements
- Please note: you will need a computer for the presentation and Q&A , and a telephone for the audio.
- Mac users: You will need to use Safari to view the webinar.
- To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting: http://www.communiqueconferencing.com/livemeeting_downloads.asp
About the Webinar
Following up on Part I of this two-part series on e-resources licensing, this seminar will continue to provide an overview of legal terminology employed in licenses, including an exploration of terms that may be of concern to libraries and solutions for mitigating problematic language. In addition, there will be an update on the Shared E-Resource Understanding (SERU) and the impact it is having in the community, including examples of how both libraries and publishers are integrating SERU into their workflows.
This is Part Two of a two-part webinar series on licensing. Visit here for more information on Part One.
1:00-1:05 p.m.: Welcome & System Overview
1:05-1:15 p.m.: Introduction
Todd Carpenter, NISO Managing Director
1:15-1:35 p.m.: Review of a Sample Licensing Agreement with Terms to be Mapped to ERMs
Trisha L. Davis, Head, Associate Professor and Head, Serials, Electronic Resources, and Rights Management Department, Ohio State University Libraries
1:35-1:55 p.m.: Introduction to the SERU (Shared E-Resource Understanding) Recommended Practice
Including review of a sample agreement with SERU terms highlighted
Clinton Chamberlain, Coordinator for Electronic Resource Acquisitions, University of Texas at Austin Libraries
1:55-2:15 p.m.: Licensing/SERU Comparison
Overlay of the two sample agreements, showing overlap of terms
- Trisha L. Davis, Head, Associate Professor and Head, Serials, Electronic Resources, and Rights Management Department, Ohio State University Libraries
- Clinton Chamberlain, Coordinator for Electronic Resource Acquisitions, University of Texas at Austin Libraries
2:15-3:00 p.m.: Q&A and Wrap-up
If paying by credit card, register online.
If paying by check, use this PDF registration form.
Registration closes on September 16, 2009 at 12:00 pm Eastern.
Registration Costs - Part II
- NISO Member
- $79.00 (US and Canada)
- $94.00 (International)
- NASIG Member
- $99.00 (US and Canada)
- $114.00 (International)
Register for both webinars and receive a 25% discount!
- Registration for the individual webinar closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on September 16, 2009. Cancellations made by September 9, 2009 will receive a full refund. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Package registrations made before 12:00 pm Eastern on September 9th will receive live access to both webinars; registrations made after that time will receive live access to Part II and archive access to Part I. Package cancellations must be made by September 2, 2009.
- Registrants will receive detailed instructions about accessing the webinar via e-mail on Monday, September 14th. (Anyone registering between Sept. 14th and 12:00 pm Eastern on Sept. 16th will receive the message upon receipt and processing of payment, within normal business hours.) We ask that registrants please turn off any spam blockers or filters to ensure that the information is received. Registrants unable to access e-mail during that time (out of office, etc.) should contact the NISO office to designate an alternate contact. Any registrant who has not received login instructions by 12:00 p.m. Eastern on September 16th should contact the NISO office at email@example.com or 301-654-2512.
- Registration is per site (access for one computer) and includes access to the online recorded archive of the webinar. If you are registering someone else from your organization, either use that person's e-mail address when registering or contact the NISO office to provide alternate contact information.
- Webinar presentation slides and Q&A will be posted to the site following the live webinar.
- Registrants will receive access information to the archived webinar following the event. An e-mail message containing archive access instructions will be sent within 48 hours of the event.