2009 NISO Events
Click here to learn more about NISO's Education Committee, which is responsible for determining the topical focus of educational programs, setting an agenda, and recruiting speakers.
NISO Open Teleconferences
Join NISO on these free conference calls to learn about new projects within NISO as well as to provide the organization with feedback and input on areas where NISO ought to be engaged. NISO teleconferences are held from 3-4 p.m. (eastern) on the second Monday of each month (excepting July--no call--and October, which is held October 13th). To join, simply dial 877-375-2160 and enter the code: 17800743.
Next call: November 9, 2009 • 3-4 p.m. (eastern)
For the November 2009 NISO Open Teleconference call, George Kerscher, Chair of the DAISY Working Group that is undertaking a revision of the ANSI/NISO Z39.86 standard (Specifications for the Digital Talking Book -- see www.niso.org/workrooms/daisy) will provide an update on the status of the revision and share about next steps.
- January 14 - NISO Webinar: Digital Preservation
- January 23-26 - NISO @ ALA Midwinter 2009 (Denver, CO)
- February 11 - NISO Webinar: Single Sign-On (SSO) Authentication
- April 8 - NISO Webinar:
KBART and the OpenURL: Increasing E-Resource Use through Improved User Access
- May 6 - NISO/COUNTER Webinar: COUNTER: A How-To Guide
- May 13 - NISO/COUNTER Webinar: New Applications of Usage Data
- June 1 - Performance Measures and Assessment (Baltimore, MD)
- June 10 - NISO Webinar: Library Systems & Interoperability: Breaking Down Silos
- June 16, 1:30-3:00 - SLA 2009 Annual Conference & Expo: Technical Standards Update (Washington, DC)
This year’s Technical Standards Update will include what’s new in standards around the world as well as the latest from NISO. Speakers: Marjorie Hlava, President and Chairman, Access Innovation Inc. and Todd Carpenter, Managing Director, NISO
- July 10 - NISO/BISG Forum: The Standards Landscape (Chicago, IL - ALA Annual)
- July 10-14 - NISO @ ALA Annual (Chicago, IL)
- September 9 - NISO Webinar: E-resources Licensing: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly -- PART I
- September 16 - NISO Webinar: E-resources Licensing: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly -- PART II
Register for both webinars and receive a 25% discount!
- October 8-9 - Library Resource Management Systems (Boston, MA)
Please join us for NISO's Annual Meeting during this event.
- October 14 - NISO Webinar: Bibliographic Control Alphabet Soup: AACR to RDA and Evolution of MARC
- November 11 - NISO Webinar: Data, Data Everywhere: Migration and System Population Practices
- December 9 - NISO Webinar: ONIX for Publication Licenses: Adding Structure to Legalese
2009 Webinar subscription packages are now available:
To subscribe to the Buy 3, Get 1 Free package, please register online and then contact the NISO office with your webinar selections. Your webinar space must be reserved at least one week prior to the event. Subscribers should not register for the webinars separately, as additional registration fees will be incurred. If you are registering for the Buy 6, Get 6 Free package, you do not need to contact the NISO office with your choices since you will be automatically registered for all of the 2009 webinars. Contact the NISO office with any questions.