Collaborative Library Resource Sharing:
Standards, Developments, and New Models for Cooperating
A NISO Educational Forum
October 6-7, 2008
Georgia Tech Global Learning Center
- About the Forum
- Agenda and Speakers
- Registration - Early Bird Extended to September 26!
- Location Information & Directions
- Return to 2008 Events
About the Forum
Not every institution can have every journal, book, film or resource. Increasingly, many institutions are running out of space for the materials that they do have. Also, the costs for collecting, managing, and preserving these materials are constantly increasing. Institutions are finding new ways to share their resources and work collaboratively to meet the needs of the user community.
NISO will host Collaborative Library Resource Sharing a two-day meeting in Atlanta to cover many of these issues. This meeting will engage participants to explore areas where collaborative effort and standards can help improve library efficiency through resource sharing. This includes the area of interlibrary loan, physical resource management, collaborative storage and preservation, and related open source developments. New developments in each of these areas will help to improve efficiency in library resource sharing and hopefully improve user outcomes and satisfaction.
If you are looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency through collaborative resource sharing, you won't want to miss this seminar.
Topics that will be covered will include:
Union lists in support of resource sharing
- Physical delivery of shared resources
- NCIP and ISO ILL standards
- Vendor solutions and barriers to interoperability
- Fulfilling loan requests with digitized materials
- Copyright and resource sharing
- Challenges of sharing electronic resources
- Open source resource sharing developments
- Improving library efficiency through collaboration
If paying by credit card, Register Online
If paying by check, use this PDF Form.
Early-Bird (Ends 9/26/08): $325.00
Early-Bird (Ends 9/26/08): $395.00
Student: (Limited Spaces)
- Early bird rates are offered until September 26, 2008.
- Registration closes October 1, 2008. After that date, a processing fee of $50 will be added. This also applies to any on-site registration.
- Cancellations made by October 1, 2008 will receive a full refund less a $50 processing fee. After that date, there are no refunds.
- Registration includes a continental breakfast and lunch on both days. Notify the NISO office if you have any dietary restrictions (301-654-2512).
- Students should submit proof of enrollment when registering. Please contact the NISO office (301-654-2512) with questions.
Regency Suites Hotel
Directions & Parking