Resolve Pending Membership Requests
A group can be configured so that membership applications are moderated by the group Chair. Use this page to accept or deny group membership applications. Note: You must have group Chair privileges for a group to resolve its pending membership applications.
To resolve a pending membership application request:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group for which there is a pending membership application request. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Above the Group Notes heading, click pending request(s). This takes you to the Pending Requests page for that group, which contains a list of organization members applying for membership to the group.
- In Requester, find the member whose application you want to resolve. Listed for each request are the member's name, company name, email address, and any optional comments the member submitted as part of his/her application. If you need to contact the member before processing the application, click the email address.
- In Role, the role the member requested is displayed. Leave it as is or change it to another role type.
- The Submission Date is the date the group membership application was submitted.
- For Action, click Approve to accept the applicant as a new member of the group or Deny to reject the membership application.
- If you click Approve, the page refreshes and a message appears in blue above the Requester heading, confirming the member has been added to the group's roster and has been sent a confirmation email. The approved member no longer appears on the membership applications list.
Note: When a member is added to a group, he/she is automatically added to that group's Mailing List. Continue approving and/or denying membership applications. If there are no more pending requests, the text, "No current pending requests" displays under the Requester heading. To go to another group, use the Breadcrumbs at the top of the page or the Back button on your browser.
- If you click Deny, you go to the Deny Membership page, which consists of an email template for notifying the requester of the application denial. See Deny Membership Application for further information.