Background and Description
The NISO Education Committee was first formed in early 2007 in response to a strategic restructuring. In order to respond to its broad constituency and their diverse needs, NISO strives to provide wide-ranging and robust education and training sessions. In addition to bringing in outside expertise and perspective, an education committee formed of individuals from diverse communities allows NISO to separate the content development -- the main focus of this group -- from the organizational and budgetary aspects of planning education programs and meetings.
The Education Committee is responsible for determining the topical focus of educational programs, setting an agenda, and recruiting speakers. In addition, the Committee will identify other opportunities for NISO to educate and inform the information communities about its work.
- Juliana Wood, Educational Program Manager, NISO
- Kim Armstrong, Deputy Director Center for Library Incentives, Committee on Institutional Cooperation
- Karim Boughida, Associate University Librarian, George Washington University
- Jamene Brooks-Kieffer, Resource Linking Librarian, Kansas State University Libraries
- Lettie Conrad, Executive Manager, Product Analysis, SAGE Publications
- Todd Enoch, Head, Serials and Electronic Resources, University of North Texas
- Jeremy Frumkin, Chief Technology Strategist and Assistant Dean, University of Arizona Libraries
- Beverley Geer, Collection Development Manager, YBP Library Services (a Baker & Taylor company)
- Eric Hartnett, Electronic Resources Librarian, Texas A&M University Libraries
- Kristi Holmes, Director, Galter Health Sciences Library
- S.G. Ranti Junus, Systems Librarian, Michigan State University Libraries
- Shana McDanold, Head of Metadata Services Unit, Georgetown University
- Audrey Melkin, Director of Business Development, Atypon Systems, Inc.
- Joy Moore, Chief Product Officer, Silver Chair Information Systems
- Jodi Schneider, Marie Curie Fellow, INRIA Sophia Antipolis
- Christine Stamison, Director of NERL, Center for Research Libraries
Ex Officio Members